|Parent's Bill of Rights
Relating to Student Data
The District, in compliance with Education Law 2-d, provides the following:
1. A student’s personally identifiable information will not be sold or released for any
2. Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child’s education
record. Procedures for reviewing student records can be found in the Board Policy entitled,
#7240 Student Records: Access and Challenge.
3. Security protocols regarding confidentiality of personally identifiable information are
currently in place and the safeguards necessary to protect the confidentiality of student
data are maintained at industry standards and best practices. The safeguards include
but are not limited to encryption, firewalls, and password protection.
4. New York State maintains a complete list of all student data collected by the State and the
data is available for public review at
5. Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data
address. Complaints should be direct to: Superintendent, Groton Central School, 400
Peru Rd., Groton, NY 13073.