My Home Page » Literary Criticism!|
the art or practice of judging and commenting on the qualities and character of literary works.
So, what do we look for? Here are a few ideas...
Where do we find all this?
- Figurative language
- Background information and context
- Author's life experiences influencing thought and writing
- School of thought/ writing the author adhere's to
- Style of writing...satire, memoir, realism, etc and information about that style
- Character development
- Short Stories for Students
- Books about the author and their work
- Library Online Databases
- This link to the Library of Congress
- And Google Scholar can be very helpful.
Junior-Senior High Library
Groton Central School