Online Subscription Databases
The Groton Central School District subscribes to a wide variety of databases to aid in student research.
Most of these databases are directly available at school through IP recognition. Access from home requires log-in information which is available from Mrs. Codner in the library. By law, we are not allowed to post that information online.
Listed below are links to the databases, organized by possible use and discipline.
Online Encyclopedia: for those times when Wikipedia is too complicated or controversial
General Information: These databases will give you results on a variety of topics
- EBSCO Host This brings you to a menu of different databases, including the ABC-Clio history databases which are excellent. Chose EBSCO Host Web and Omnifile Full Text.
- Gale Group This is a huge group of databases that can be searched all at once or individually.
Social Studies and History: These databases are aimed at social studies students but many cover current event issues.
- Culture Grams Maps! Flags! Facts about countries, states and Canadian Provinces. Good stuff!
- SIRS Decades Every decade of 20th Century American History with primary documents, advertisements, political cartoons, photos, DBQs, so much more.
- ABC-Clio History This links to two excellent databases: the extra useful Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society and World History: the Modern Era.
- History Research Center This includes African-American History, American History, Ancient & Medieval History , American Indian History, and Modern World History.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context Another outstanding source for information on world events and issues.
Science and Health:
ELA and Literature
- Digital Literacy So many resources for using the internet and the online world.
- Career Zone Just what it sounds like....information about different jobs, careers and the education you need to get them.
Junior-Senior High Library
Groton Central School